The Feoffees and Thirteen of Tetbury
Since my last article, members have attended a number of events in our community and this included the Lions Club organised Tetbury Care Day, which brought organisations from within our community together with professional bodies, to look at how we can provide the best care for all our residents. This was a really useful day and I am sure that we will all benefit from this initial meeting and its findings in the future.
Dr Tony Walsh gave a very successful talk to the Malmesbury Probus Club on our history and another talk is planned for Westonbirt Ladies this month. If you are part of a group who would welcome an interesting, historic talk, please contact us directly via our website.
We are planning to bring The Market Hall into the 21st Century by installing Wi-Fi, however, as you can imagine getting this in an historic, listed building is proving to be a challenge, however we will be shortly testing systems and look forward to updating you in the near future.
Dates for your diary:
- 9th/10th September – Heritage Weekend in The Market Hall
- Beating of the Bounds – Date to be confirmed
This month we have been pleased to support the following groups/individuals with grants:
- Christmas in Tetbury – support for lights
- Tetbury Town FC Under 12’s trip to France
- Harriet Dove – support for studies
- Repairs to The Feoffee Clock, which is sited at St Mary’s School