Our work is guided by three charities of which we are trustees
The Trustees are empowered to use the assets under their control for the best possible benefit of the people of Tetbury, which includes the advancement of education and the provision and maintenance of the open areas and recreational spaces under their control.
For the provision of leisure amenities for the people of Tetbury.
What we AIM to achieve:
Help to make Tetbury the best it can be.
Provide strong financial base to maintain and grow the Trusts' assets for the benefit of the people of Tetbury.
Support Tetbury organisations and people to continue to make it the best place to live in the Cotswolds!
For many years, the Feoffees, through their Charity Funds have supported generations of Tetbury and Tetbury Upton residents with Education Grants and Apprentice & Training Grants. This is one of the many ways that the Feoffees quietly work for the good of Tetbury.
The criteria for applying for a grant are:
The person(s) benefiting from a grant is a resident of Tetbury or Tetbury Upton.
- In the case of a University Student, their home address is qualification.
- In the case of Apprentice Grants, the Company employing them must be based in Tetbury or Tetbury Upton.
The purpose will need to fulfil one of the activities below:
- General Charitable Purposes
- Education / Training
- The Advancement of Health or Saving Lives
- The Prevention or Relief of Poverty
- Amateur Sport
- Environment / Conservation / Heritage
- Other Charitable Purposes
Grants awarded are subject to approval by the Feoffees in accordance with the criteria and reserve the right to refuse to grant applications where appropriate.
Typical grants have been for provided for training, coaching, books and equipment.
Typical groups and persons to receive grants are:
- Tetbury Schools (Junior and Senior), Playgroups, Sports Clubs and local support groups.
- University and Further Education Students.
- Apprentices and persons training for a trade.
- Dance and Music Students.